Orders may be placed on our website 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Our telephone service is available Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm EST; Friday 8am-6pm EST
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express via the secured online payment processor, Shop Pay. Payments are also accepted via PayPal.
We use SSL technology with a secure server so that personal information that you enter is sent in an encrypted form which is not readable by third parties. You are able to recognise your entry into our secure area by the change of 'http' to 'https' within the address bar.
Website Payment is taken in the online checkout process at the time you confirm your order, subject to card approval. We do try to maintain accurate stock records on our website; however should an item you ordered be out of stock a customer services representative will contact you as soon as possible. Telephone/Fax/Post Payment is taken at the time the order is processed prior to despatch.
We take great pleasure in offering a gift service with complimentary gift wrapping. Please request this in the online checkout or at the time you place your order. Gift messages may be included with your order, however messages are restricted to a maximum of 200 characters. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to offer a gift wrapping service on sale products.
Klarna is a global payment and shopping provider that takes end-to-end responsibility for your payment. Klarna allows shoppers to buy now and pay later at more than 200,000 retailers around the world.
When you pay in 4 interest-free instalments with Klarna, your purchase is split into 4 payments automatically charged to your debit or credit card every 2 weeks. There is no interest and no fees when payments are made on time. It's that easy.
There are no added costs or upfront fees when using this payment option. A late fee may be charged for payments made after the due date.
When you choose to pay in 4 interest-free instalments, Klarna may perform a hard credit check.
As soon as we have received and accepted your cancellation or return, Klarna will cancel any future scheduled payments as well as refund any amount due. The return will be reflected in the Klarna app immediately.
As soon as your order is shipped, you will receive an email from Klarna outlining your payment schedule. Payments will be automatically with the debit/credit card you provided at checkout.
The first 1/4 of your payment is due when your order has shipped The remaining three payments will automatically charge every two weeks. Your payment schedule is sent via email and you can also access your payment schedule in the Klarna app by clicking 'Spending', choosing the order you want to see, and then clicking on 'Show Plan'.
Yes. Just open the Klarna app or log onto https://app.klarna.com/ to pay your balance early.
Your payment information is processed securely by Klarna. No payment details are shared with Floris London. All transactions take place via connections secured with the latest industry standard security protocols.
We are able to send products with an alcohol content to most destinations. However, delivery to some countries is restricted or could incur an additional surcharge. Products with an alcohol content include Eau de Parfum, Eau de Toilette, Aftershave, Mouthwash and Room Fragrance. Please note, with regards to shipping, our 30ml Eau de Toilettes are exempt from delivery restrictions. For information on specific destinations please view ‘What are the delivery charges?’.
Floris is available in the United States and Canada in selected stockists. Please click here to search for your local stockist.
If your package was damaged during shipment, save the box and merchandise and notify us immediately at email@example.com with your order number and photos of the damaged products. We will arrange FedEx to retrieve and inspect the package and the damaged items will be replaced.
Yes. If ordering online please select this option at checkout providing the full address, contact name and telephone number. If ordering by telephone our team will be happy to take an alternative delivery address.
We are pleased to offer a next day delivery service Monday to Thursday, on orders placed before 11am. Orders placed after 11am will be dispatched the following day (excluding weekends).
If your order has not arrived in the specified time period as detailed in our delivery information please contact our customer services team on (888) 904-5637.
Yes we do deliver to P.O. Boxes. Orders shipping to P.O. Boxes will ship via USPS. Please allow additional time for shipping.
Please do not hesitate to contact us should you have any further questions:
By Email - firstname.lastname@example.org By Telephone - (888) 904-5637 Monday to Thursday 8am-8pm EST; Friday 8am-6pm EST
This is really down to personal preference. However, today, fragrances are designed for liberal application. Traditionally the pulse points (where the blood circulates closest to the skin) and the décolleté area are the most effective application points.
All fragrances are blends of ingredients that evaporate at different rates. The top notes are those ingredients that evaporate soon after application to the skin and give the first burst of freshness. The middle or heart notes which evaporate less quickly usually represent the main character of the fragrance and can last for up to four or five hours depending on the fragrance type. The base notes can last many hours and can also modify the behaviour of the more volatile top note ingredients to increase their lasting power.
The Eau de Parfum contains a greater percentage of fragrance oils than the Eau de Toilette, hence it is more expensive. However, because the higher level of fragrance oil in the Eau de Parfum gives a stronger fragrance effect you do not need to use as much of it if you want to obtain the same effect as an Eau de Toilette. Eau de Parfum has the additional benefit of helping the fragrance last longer on the skin.
The lasting power of any fragrance is primarily determined by the fragrance family where the main factors are the intrinsic character of all the ingredients used and how they are combined. A fresh and light ‘floral’ fragrance such as Lily of the Valley or a highly ‘citrus’ scent such as Limes will not be as lasting as a ‘floral woody’ like Edwardian Bouquet. The lighter fragrances, by their very nature, often do not contain the higher levels of the base note oils that give more lasting power on the skin. These special base note oils are also known as fixatives and can be used to increase staying power.
Many of the ingredients used are totally natural being extracted from flowers, herbs, woods or citrus fruits. However, synthetic materials are invaluable particularly where natural notes are not available e.g. where they cannot be distilled from natural sources or in place of animal derivatives. It is worth noting that some synthetic ingredients are considerably more expensive than many natural essential oils. A successful fragrance is a well blended formulation of both sources of oils.
There are a number of reasons that may explain this:
• The formulation may have changed slightly due to alterations to ensure compliance with the international regulations that recommend the dosage levels of fragrance materials. As scientific knowledge improves there are continued changes in the regulations as ingredients undergoing investigation may be found to have the potential to cause an adverse skin response.
• Unfortunately the sense of smell also changes as we get older so a fragrance can therefore be perceived as different.
• Wearing the same fragrance over a long time can also make the nose less sensitive to that particular scent.
• A freshly manufactured bottle of fragrance will also be slightly different to a matured sample.
All our fragrance and toiletry products are made from the finest ingredients and manufactured at our own factory in Devon, using many traditional methods such as hand wrapping of soaps and hand pouring candles. Our accessory items are sourced from long-standing suppliers that we have built up relationships with for many years.
Ingredients are sourced worldwide depending where the crops for distillation are grown as this is sensitive to climate conditions. We do, however, try and source from the UK and Europe where this is possible to minimize the carbon footprint of each raw material.
Floris products should not be stored and kept for extended periods of time. The reason for this is because in time the fragrance and colour will change due to the gradual deterioration of natural oils and raw materials present. If unopened and kept in a cool, dark environment the products will last for a minimum of 12 months. All Floris products should be kept out of direct sunlight. Once opened, any product with an ‘in use’ shelf life of less than 36 months has this marked on the packaging within a jar symbol.
All Floris products should be kept out of direct sunlight and away from heat. Ideally, fragrance should be stored in a cool area as this best preserves the balance of the ingredients. However, provided you do not keep Floris fragranced products above a radiator, on a windowsill in direct sunlight or anywhere they will be exposed to excessive heat they should not deteriorate for at least 2 or 3 years. A cool, dark drawer or cupboard is the ideal longer term storage solution for unopened products.
No, Floris deodorants do not contain anti-perspiration ingredients as these actually block the pores of the skin. Our deodorant contains a deodorising agent that prevents the proliferation of bacteria, which cause bad odour, without interfering with the natural processes of the skin.
As with any scented product we advise that you carefully test a fragrance on a small area of the skin before use to ensure it doesn’t invoke a skin reaction.
The Room Fragrance Atomisers are CFC free and contain no propellant gas. A manual pumping mechanism produces the fine mist spray required for best performance.
Floris does not and has not tested raw materials or finished products on animals, nor have we ever requested any third parties to conduct such tests. Floris has always been against testing on animals. Our company is associated with the CTPA (Cosmetic, Toiletries & Perfumery Association) and conforms both to their guidelines and to industry standards – legislation introduced in 1986 under the Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act ended all animal testing of cosmetic products in the UK.
Working on two sensory levels, both visual and aromatic; each of the candles in the Floris 'At Home' Collection is made from blended wax and contains a high level of the pure fragrance to ensure a quality aroma and a strong dispersal. The burning time of our candles is approximately 35 hours.
To gain the most from your Floris candle we recommend the following:
• The candle flame should be extinguished after a maximum of five hours burning to ensure the wick remains in a central position. Use for longer periods may lead to the wick falling over and this must be straightened to ensure regular burning.
• Do not re-light the candle while the wax is still molten
• To extinguish the candle, do not blow on the flame as this will lead to smoking. Place the snuffer over the candle glass to extinguish the flame.
• After each use the wick may need a slight trim and this should be done when the wax is cool, with a sharp pair of scissors. The visible wick should be kept at about 10mm in length for optimum performance. Any debris from the wick trimming should be removed prior to lighting. Do not over-trim the wick or allow an over-large flame to develop. Good wick care is a most important factor for continued performance of the candle.
• The candle should never be left burning unattended or in an area where there is a draught. Lighted candles must be placed well away from curtains, fabrics or any flammable materials. Never use the candle if the glass is cracked or has been dropped. Do not pick up the candle when burning or immediately after the flame is extinguished as the glass may be hot.
By far the simplest way to keep a shaving brush and razor in good condition is to use a shaving brush and razor stand. Hang the shaving brush so that the bristles are facing downwards, this will ensure that water drips off the brush after use. If you do not have a stand leave the brush pointing up rather than horizontal, so that air can get to all the hairs and dry the brush naturally. Always rinse the brush gently but thoroughly in clean water and flick off the excess water. Keeping a shaving brush continually in a moist state will lead to loss of bristles.
A successful wet shave is both a ritual and an art. By following these instructions a smooth, close and satisfying shave can be achieved.
• Thoroughly wash the face with hot water to cleanse the skin and soften the beard.
• Dip a good quality shaving brush in hot water, shake off excess and using Floris shaving soap or cream work up a lather over the areas of the face and neck to be shaved. The process of lathering with hot water will further soften the skin and also set up the beard prior to shaving.
• Shave in the direction of the beard, starting below the sideburns and working down each side of the face towards the chin, finishing at the neck. Let the razor glide over the skin, without applying too much pressure. For a closer shave, re-lather and shave across or against the beard. Always use a sharp blade as a worn blade will irritate the skin.
• Finish by rinsing off with cold water to close the pores and apply aftershave or alcohol free aftershave balm.
• Rinse the brush gently but thoroughly in clean water, flick off the excess water and place the brush in a stand with the hair pointing down.
Floris soaps are of the highest quality, triple-milled with a vegetable oil base and added Shea Butter to moisturize your skin. To ensure you get the best performance from your soap please follow these simple guidelines:
• After using your soap, shake off any excess water
• Always use a soap dish with a drainer and ensure the dish is not wet where in contact with the soap
• Use soap regularly, if a soap is left unused for too long it will dry out faster
• Avoid leaving soap in a closed, damp shower unit
Floris is fully committed to our social and environmental responsibilities. We aim to offer the finest quality products while preserving resources for the future.
We recognize that our activities impact on the environment for both present and future generations. Therefore we will operate in compliance with all relevant environmental legislations, regulations and codes of practice relevant to the industry sector in which we operate and will strive to use pollution prevention and environmental best practices in all we do.
Our Environmental Manager will provide assistance and advice to Senior Management and all members of staff where appropriate, on all environmental, CSR and CR related issues.
Our objectives are to:
• integrate the consideration of environmental concerns and impacts into all of our decision making and activities,
• promote environmental awareness among our employees and encourage them to work in an environmentally responsible manner,
• train, educate and inform our employees about environmental issues that may affect their work,
• reduce waste through re-use and recycling and by purchasing recycled, recyclable or re-furbished products and materials where these alternatives are available, economical and suitable,
• promote efficient use of materials and resources throughout our facility including water, electricity, raw materials and other resources, particularly those that are non-renewable,
• avoid unnecessary use of hazardous materials and products, seek substitutions when feasible, and take all reasonable steps to protect human health and the environment when such materials must be used, stored and disposed of,
• purchase and use environmentally responsible products accordingly,
• where required by legislation or where significant health, safety or environmental hazards exist, develop and maintain appropriate emergency and spill response programs,
• communicate our environmental commitment to all interested parties including clients, customers and the public and encourage them to support it,
• strive to continually improve our environmental and carbon reduction performance and minimize the social impact and damage of activities by periodically reviewing our environmental policy in light of our current and planned future activities.
• promote the awareness and understanding of the commitments made in this Policy to all staff, taking into consideration diversity of the workplace and workforce.
Floris was founded in Jermyn Street, St James’s over 280 years ago by Juan Famenias Floris.
The early trade as a barber and comb maker soon blossomed into a thriving perfumery and soap manufacturer.
Floris is proud not only of its tradition and heritage, but also in the standards and quality of its products which it has managed to maintain to this day. We remain a family run business which permits us to take a long term view on all issues. Our vision is to ensure that we are able to continue to provide the finest products to our discerning clientele, while striving for continuous improvement on environmental issues.